We know you’re busy and that sometimes it can hard to mesh your hectic lifestyle with healthy eating.
The biggest issue people run into while eating paleo is finding good paleo breakfasts that aren’t made just of eggs. Sure, eggs are great, but there are a whole load of other options available to you if you’re fed up of eggs.
The best recipes are both delicious AND simple. They don’t require the skills of a molecular gastronomist. That’s why we’ve put together this list of five quick and simple paleo breakfast recipes that you can use when you’re in a hurry. If you want, you can even enjoy these meals at any time during the day (because, let’s be honest, any time is a good time for breakfast).
I know you’re hungry, so, without further ado, here are five great paleo breakfast recipe ideas.
5 Paleo Diet Breakfast Recipes
- Eggs (3 typically works best)
- Fillings (whatever you like)
- Make sure you have your fillings prepared and your eggs beaten.
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat and add the paleo oil of your choice.
- Once the pan and oil are hot, pour the beaten eggs into the pan.
- As the edges around the pan begin to harden, use your spatula to flatten them out. While doing this, turn the pan to make the runny center part of the eggs move outto the corners.
- After a few minutes, most of the egg should be cooked, with perhaps a bit of slightly runny egg left in the middle of the pan.
- Add your fillings of choice to the center of the omelet.
- Using your spatula and tilting your pan, fold one half of the omelet over the other.
- Use your spatula to remove the folded omelet from the pan and place it onto your plate.
- Eat and enjoy!
- Omelets are great because they are so versatile. Whip up some eggs, throw anything paleo in there, and you're good to go. Check out our list of 101 paleo foods to get some ideas at http://ultimatepaleoguide.com/101-paleo-diet-foods/
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 apple, diced
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2-3 tablespoons honey
- 1-2 tablespoons cinnamon (depending on how much you like cinnamon)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Take large mixing bowl and add flours, cinnamon, and baking soda. Mix.
- Once mixed, add apples, eggs, honey, and coconut oil to mixture and mix well again.
- Prepare muffin tin with liners and add batter.
- Place tin in oven and bake for 30 minutes or until done.
- Enjoy once they cool off or you lose your patience while waiting.
- 3 bananas
- 3 eggs
- Cooking oil of your choice
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- Whatever toppings you want
- Place bananas and eggs in bowl and mash until smooth.
- Add almond butter to mixture and mix again.
- Heat oil in pan on low and place batter in pan in whatever shape you like.
- Cook until pancakes are browned to your liking.
- Add toppings and enjoy!
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup berries (whichever berries you like)
- Spinach (as much as looks good - typically a couple of small handfuls)
- 1 banana
- 1/2 a regular avocado
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Ice (a couple of handfuls works well)
- Add all ingredients to blender.
- Blend until the mixture is of the consistency that you want.
- 2-3 large or medium sweet potatoes
- Cooking oil of your choice
- 1/2 teaspoon of spices (whichever you like)
- Onions (optional)
- Take a cheese grater and grate the sweet potatoes into a bowl.
- Add spices to the grated sweet potatoes. Mix.
- Heat cooking oil at medium or medium-high in pan.
- Add sweet potato mix and cook until browned on both sides.
Whatever you do, make sure you let us know what works for you. We love hearing which foods and recipes you’re eating. We love hearing that more people are discovering that paleo can both feel and taste great!
Try these recipes and tell us what you think!
Photo credit: woodleywonderwork | EasyPaleoMeals
Download Your FREE Paleo Starter Kit Today!
- 3-Day Paleo Diet Meal Plan
- Comprehensive Paleo Diet Shopping List
- 5 of Our Favorite Paleo Diet Recipes