Paleo French Toast
French toast is an indulgent breakfast, but when made with Paleo ingredients, it can be healthy and nutritious. Top with fresh fruit instead of loads of maple syrup for a better breakfast the whole family is sure to love.
Total Time 30 minutes
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 8 slices Paleo bread use your favorite
- Coconut oil for cooking
- Toppings of your choice: fresh fruit or preserves pure maple syrup, coconut whipped cream
Whisk the coconut milk, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, orange zest, and salt in a large bowl until well combined.
Heat about a tablespoon of coconut oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Dip the bread slices in the egg mixture and fry in the coconut oil until golden brown on both sides. Continue until all bread is cooked.
Serve the French toast warm, topped with desired accompaniments.
Download Your FREE Paleo Starter Kit Today!
- 3-Day Paleo Diet Meal Plan
- Comprehensive Paleo Diet Shopping List
- 5 of Our Favorite Paleo Diet Recipes