Last Updated June 15th, 2022
If you’ve been looking for your one stop shop for awesome paleo diet recipes, look no further. You’ve just stumbled upon the ULTIMATE list that will make your time in the kitchen as easy and delicious as can be.
We already made sure you’re equipped with all the knowledge from our Paleo 101 guide. That has all the basics you’ll need to find success following paleo. Also, check out the paleo diet food list. This list covers all the foods you’ll need to completely stock your kitchen.
But, this page is where the deliciousness lives. We have over 500 yummy recipes that are super easy to make. This database might be the most comprehensive index of paleo recipes on the internet (and it’s always growing), so be sure to check back to find more good stuff down the road.
Whether it’s for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, or dessert, we’ve got more recipes than you’ll know what to do with! Just use the toggles below to search through them.
If you love these paleo diet recipes, you’ll love our meal planning service which includes easy-to-cook recipes, a shopping list, and the option to buy your groceries online. Try it out.
On top of that…if you want even more paleo goodness, at the end of this post we share the love and tell you about our favorite sites to check out for more paleo inspiration.
When I said that this is ULTIMATE paleo recipe archive – I wasn’t kidding! Let’s get started with some good & healthy eating.
Over 500 Amazing Paleo Recipes!
(sort or filter by clicking on the categories below)
Download Our Paleo Recipe App
Do you want delicious paleo recipes in the palm of your hand? We’ve got an app for that. Paleo Recipe Pro gives you 60+ yummy recipes, a simple shopping list to make grocery shopping a breeze, and makes it easy to find and save your favorite meals. You can download it for iOS here.
How to Make Your Own Paleo Recipes
Alright – now that we’ve got you fired up to fire up the grill or oven and get cooking – here’s a few things you should know about making your own paleo recipes. Below, I’ve listed 5 simple tips that are going to make cooking your own paleo recipes easier than ever.
Keep it simple
Don’t get distracted by shiny recipes – making recipes simple will help keep you consistent.
Learn 5 meals
Make them your “go-to” paleo recipes and you’ll be sure to wow your friends.
Use the grill
The grill is your friend and can make a meal out of anything you have in your fridge.
When in doubt, use grass-fed butter
Coconut oil, ghee, and avocado oil also works here.
Don’t take cooking so serious – have fun, experiment and try new things!
The best part about these recipes is that they can feel indulgent – it can actually be FUN to make. You’re not always counting calories or choking down bad food – but having fun and eating delicious whole food that your body craves. That’s why paleo is so awesome and that’s why people get results. They’re eating good, healthy food that satisfies.
“Cheat Sheet” – Quick Paleo Recipe “Formulas”
If you’ve got some items in your refrigerator that you don’t quite know what to do with, here’s a good rundown on how you can be creative with whatever you have in your fridge.
I’ve listed these out as “formulas” – because they tend to work across a category of types of foods. So even if you don’t have the exact type of vegetable, if you have something in the same family – you’ll be good as gold.
Green vegetables + oil + garlic
Use broccoli, spinach, kale, arugula or some other green vegetable. Saute in your favorite oil – we recommend coconut oil or butter. Add garlic for flavor.
Red meat + butter and thyme
In a pan, add grass-fed butter and let it melt. Add in your choice of red meat. Steak is mine. Throw fresh thyme on top. Cook until your desired level of doneness.
Chicken + garlic cloves
Self-explanatory here. Cook the chicken in whatever way you prefer. The garlic adds the perfect zest.
Tubers + paprika
Doesn’t matter if you use sweet potatoes, regular potatoes, or another tuber. Top with paprika. Simple and easy.
No additions needed here. Bonus if you get organic ones – because berries are usually highly contaminated with pesticides. Could add your favorite almond butter for some healthy fats.
Bacon + oven
This is seriously the best way to make bacon ever. You could also get a bacon cooker to simplify the process even more.
Anything + grass-fed butter
This makes anything delicious.
Remember, half your plate should be made up of vegetables. Feel free to add more if necessary. Paleo is not all meat. It’s plant-based with a nice serving of delicious protein from quality sources.
Our Favorite Paleo Recipe Blogs and Resources
Okay, so you made it through our exhaustive list of recipes and you want some more? Don’t worry, we’re pretty happy to share the love. In fact, there are some fantastic paleo blogs out that that you have to read. Seriously, if you made it this far and you still want more – what’s next will NOT disappoint.
Check out some of our favorite paleo recipe sites from around the web. They’re awesome and definitely worth a look:
That’s all for now! I hope you enjoy the paleo recipes and they help you and your family eat better & live better. If you have any questions, please get in touch!
More Paleo Related Resources
- Our paleo diet food list
- Our paleo meal planning service
- AIP Meal Plans
- Keto Meal Plans
- This simple paleo food list
- The simple paleo.io paleo food list app.
- Our brand new paleo recipe app => Get it here.
Just Added – 101 Paleo Recipes
Bonus: 101 Paleo Recipes You’ll Love
Below are 101 paleo recipes, which we’ve collected from our favorite paleo blogs and websites. We’ve got pretty much everything covered here, including paleo recipes for breakfasts, lunches, dinners, desserts, salads, smoothies, paleo-friendly substitutes for your favorite Italian dishes, themed recipes, and more, all using your favorite paleo ingredients.
Breakfast Paleo Recipes
- Paleo Banana Bread – Banana bread is a classic breakfast item that is not only delicious in the morning, but throughout the rest of the day as well.
- Pumpkin Pecan Pancakes – Pancakes are often strongly missed by people when they begin eating paleo. Good thing this paleo recipe is here to save the day. Here’s another one of our paleo recipes for pancakes for you to try as well.
- Root Vegetable Hash And Poached Egg – This hearty breakfast is colorful, tasty, and packed full of all the stuff you need to help you power through your morning.
- Paleo French Toast – Along with pancakes, French toast is often missed by paleo eaters at first, but since there’s a recipe as good as this one, there’s no need to feel sad.
- Honey Nut Granola Cereal – Cereal makes a great breakfast if you are in a hurry. Just add some almond or coconut milk and you’ve got an instant, healthy start to your day.
- Baked Maple Pears With Toasted Pecans And Walnuts – If your sweet tooth often kicks in during the morning hours, this one of the best paleo recipes to give you what you are craving.
- Bacon And Beef Frittata – A frittata is known for being a filling breakfast, and this recipe featuring both bacon and beef is no exception.
- Paleo Omelettes And Scrambles – A bunch of great ideas that you can utilize to create your ideal paleo omelette or scramble for an easy, healthy breakfast.
- Paleo Breakfast Sausages – These sausages are tasty and easy to make. They’re a great addition to a wide range of different breakfast paleo recipes. Make a bunch and keep them in the freezer.
- Sausage, Egg And Sweet Potato Breakfast Skillet – If you want a breakfast that has a little bit of everything, going with this skillet recipe is a great option. Easy and filling.
Lunch Paleo Recipes
- Paleo Egg Salad – Egg salad is a classic lunchtime favorite, but the mayo usually ruins it for paleo eaters. This recipe fixes that issue, so you can enjoy egg salad any time.
- Guacamole Stuffed Pablano Peppers – This is an easy one to make at home before you go to work and to heat up while you’re there.
- Oven Roasted Vegetables – Many paleo eaters choose roasted veggies as a lunch item because it is easy to make in advance, delicious, and filling, but not in a heavy way.
- Chicken Curry Salad – Craving some curry but don’t want to wait until dinner time? Try this sure hit from the paleo recipes archives especially if you are craving a flavorful, sweet lunch.
- Coconut Curried Butternut Squash Soup – Soup is an excellent option for lunch and this dish has a great array of flavors that will have you excited for your lunch break.
- Easy Paleo Chili – Chili is a hearty option that is not only delicious but also easy to make in large quantities, so you can always be sure to have a quick lunch ready to go.
- Grilled Chicken Satay – For a light lunch option that still gives you plenty of meat, try this great grilled chicken satay paleo recipe.
- Tuna With Pepper, Artichokes And Lemon – This recipe is ridiculously easy to put together and has a wide range of flavors that will keep you satisfied.
- Lamb Sliders – For a slightly more complex lunch option, choose these lamb sliders with a tasty ginger-cilantro aoli.
- Broccoflower With Spicy Italian Sausage – This recipe is heavy on great tasting and good-for-you vegetables, but also has a savory side, thanks to the addition of the spicy Italian sausage.
Dinner Paleo Recipes
- Taco Pie – Let’s face it, pretty much everybody loves tacos. This innovative adaptation of tacos in the form of a paleo-friendly pie is sure to please.
- Tuna And Bok Choy Packets – Tuna and bok choy are wonderful separately, but when baked together with herbs in a tin foil packet, good gets better.
- Grilled Shrimp Scampi – Shrimp scampi is something that most people love, but the pasta is problematic for those sticking with a paleo diet. This paleo recipe takes care of the issue in a unique way.
- Herbed Salsa With Grilled Chicken – This is one of the best paleo recipes featuring grilled chicken and salsa. It may seem simple, which it is, but that description does it no justice when it comes to flavor.
- Paleo Pork Chops With Mushrooms – Onions, garlic, mushrooms, rosemary, and pork put together? What else could you want in a paleo dinner?
- Smoky Mexican Tortilla-less Soup – This is a unique soup idea with a Mexican twist that everyone at your table will enjoy. Plus it’s tortilla-less, which means it’s 100% paleo-friendly.
- Jamaican Jerk Paleo Stir Fry – In the mood for something with a little bit of spice? Try this recipe and combine the classic Jamaican jerk flavor with healthy stir fry ingredients.
- Hungarian Mushroom Soup – This is a thick soup that looks more like a stew, and which would be perfect for any chilly day when you are craving something warm and filling but flavorful.
- Honey Mustard Cuban Pork Burgers – Everyone loves burgers and when they’re paleo-friendly and full of tangy pork, there’s even more to be loved.
- Chunky Chicken Veggie Stew – Veggie and chicken stew is a classic recipe in most households. This paleo recipe won’t compromise the efforts of any paleo eater and will still please those who are not.
Italian Substitute Paleo Recipes
- Coconut Chicken Meatballs – Most meatball recipes contain ingredients that are not paleo-friendly, but these meatballs do not! Add to any of your favorite Italian dishes for great flavor and nutrition.
- Italian Veal Chops – This is a great veal paleo recipe that features not only flavorful meat, but also a bunch of tasty herbs, spices, garlic, and tomatoes.
- Italian Meatloaf – Meatloaf is a classic in many households. This paleo-friendly spin-off of the meatloaf you grew up loving is full of Italian flavors.
- Zucchini Spaghetti And Meatballs – The absence of spaghetti in the paleo diet is something that many paleo eaters dislike, but there is no reason to be sad. Zucchini spaghetti makes a great substitution and is even better when paired with paleo meatballs and tomato sauce.
- Creamy Mushroom Risoto – Paleo risoto, really? I was a bit skeptical at first, but lots of people are loving this innovative and tasty paleo recipe.
- Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo – Alfredo is one of the more popular Italian flavors, but with the lack of pasta in the paleo diet, it is often left to the side. Bring it back to life with this delicious paleo recipe.
- Paleo Gnocchi – Wondering if there is a paleo alternative to gnocci that achieves the texture and flavor of the real thing? Try this out and find out for yourself.
- Cauliflower Lasagne – A lasagne recipe you can love, without the gluten and dairy. Lots of flavor here from the great bolognese.
- Spaghetti Squash alla Carbonara – A creamy pasta substitute recipe featuring crisp bacon and eggs over healthy spaghetti squash.
- Paleo Osso Bucco – Slow-cooked, tender beef with a wine-based, flavor-packed sauce? What’s not to love about this dinner option?
Dessert Paleo Recipes
- Strawberry Ice Cream – A dairy-free treat, which uses coconut milk and strawberries. 100% paleo-friendly and 100% delicious.
- Spiced Fruit Cookies – Cookies are an ideal treat for those who are on the go. This paleo cookie recipe is not only the perfect solution for your cravings, but is easy to make as well.
- Coconut Strawberry Blondies – Nutritious, sweet, packed with healthy nuts, and easy to make, these cookies are quick to put together and are sure to be loved by everyone you offer them to.
- Banana Soufflé – A classy and decadent dessert option with a powerful sweet flavor, but only a few simple ingredients.
- Vanilla Bean Coconut Ice Pops – If you love popsicles but do not want to compromise on the no excess sugar policy of the paleo diet, these coconut ice pops are the perfect option for you.
- Paleo Chocolate Éclair – While this recipe certainly isn’t the easiest to prepare, it is well worth the effort for the end result of fluffy puff pasty with a rich cream filling.
- Chocolate Blueberry Cake With Mango Cinnamon Frosting – Chocolate blueberry cake is good on its own but add the unique, tangy flavor of mango cinnamon frosting and it becomes even more enjoyable.
- Coconut Chocolate Pecan Cookies – This is a nice cookie recipe if you want something sweet, thanks to the chocolate and coconut, and nutty, because of the pecans.
- Paleo Peach Crisp – This recipe calls for peaches but any fruit will work in. Warmed up or eaten cold, this is a great dessert option.
- Baked Apples – Baked apples are a simple, well-known paleo-friendly dessert option. Baked apples have stood the test of time and for good reason. They are awesome!
Smoothie Paleo Recipes
- Green Smoothie – Simple ingredients, great taste, and a proven way to give you the energy boost you need any time of the day.
- Canteloupe Smoothie – This creamy smoothie recipe is deceptively simple, as it only requires half a canteloupe, a few ice cubes and water, but the taste is full. You’ll love it.
- Chocolate Cherry Smoothie With Cinnamon – This smoothie is basically a dessert, but who cares? Chocolates and cherries are a timeless combination and adding a bit of cinnamon into the mix can only make it more enjoyable.
- Mango And Peach Smoothie – Mango and peach are two distinct flavors that always go well together, so making a smoothie out of them is a no-brainer.
- Pumpkin Blueberry Protein Smoothie – This smoothie recipe is especially great for the fall months when pumpkins are in season, but let’s be real, you’ll want to use it all year round.
- Chocolate Cream Smoothie – This paleo-friendly chocolate smoothie reminds me more of a milkshake, but that’s a good thing.
- Avocado Pineapple Smoothie – The combo of the tangy citrus flavor from the pineapple and the creaminess that the avocado provides make this smoothie well-balanced and tasty. Easy to make too!
- Sweet Kombucha Green Smoothie – This easy smoothie recipe is full of spinach and contains just the right amount of sweetness.
- Kale And Mango Smoothie – Nutrient-packed kale with the distinct flavor of mango added for a quick snack/meal on the go.
- A Bunch Of Paleo Smoothie Ingredient Suggestions – This page has a large list of paleo ingredients that go great in smoothies. Try a bunch of combinations and find your favorites.
Find more smoothies with The Ultimate Guide To Green Smoothies.
Paleo + Bacon Recipes = <3
- Halibut With Bacon And Leeks – It’s no secret that bacon and fish are a good match. Add some fresh leeks to the mix and you’ve got yourself an ideal paleo meal.
- Bacon Wrapped Carrots – Only in the paleo world would something like bacon-wrapped carrots be readily accepted and encouraged, but this is what makes paleo great!
- Bacon Meatloaf Muffins – This meaty muffin paleo recipe, according to the creator, is the perfect option if you are hungover. Keep it in mind after your next night of partying.
- Bacon And Tomato Guacamole – This guacamole is a nice option if you are throwing a party or if you just feel like hoarding a delicious snack all to yourself.
- Avocado And Bacon “Sandwiches” – One of our favorite easy paleo recipes. Sliced avocado between crispy slices of bacon. Does it get any better than that?
- Grilled Chicken With Bacon And Rosemary – This is a simple dish that is easy to make, but which is packed with flavor thanks to the savory bacon and the addition of fresh rosemary.
- Baked Eggs In Bacon Rings – Baked eggs in bacon seems like something that would be enjoyable in the morning, but this reciple will do any time of day.
- Herb, Garlic And Bacon Pork Loin – Packed with flavor, this recipe features crisp bacon and a bunch of flavorful herbs such as thyme, basil, and sage, not to mention the delicious combo of onion and garlic.
- Bacon Wrapped Dates – Even if you aren’t a fan of dates, you’ll love this recipe, mainly because anything is good wrapped in bacon.
- Bacon Roasted Brussels Sprouts – Enjoy this great twist on roasted Brussels sprouts.
Caveman Salad Paleo Recipes
- Mosaic Artichoke Salad – An easy and flavor-packed salad, featuring artichoke, peppers, olives, garlic, and more, all with a paleo-friendly dressing.
- Simple Crab Salad – Seafood is a great alternative to regular meat and it feels great in a light salad. Looks good too!
- Rainbow Side Salad – This recipe is one that kids and adults will enjoy alike. Full of color and nutrients.
- Warm Three Greens Salad – Lots of vitamins A and C in this one. A great choice if you’re looking for a nutrient-rich lunch or dinner option.
- Grape Super Salad – A refreshing salad option with delicious summer ingredients, topped off with a bit of paleo mayo.
- Sweet Potato And Spinach Salad – A savory and sweet salad to which you can easily add any protein such as chicken, to make it a bit more filling.
- Kale And Fig Salad – Kale is a well-known super-food and an ideal salad base. Add sweet figs and creamy avocado dressing to the mix and you’ve got the perfect salad.
- Apple Fennel Salad – An interesting combination of sweet, tart apples and the distinct licorice-like flavor of fennel.
- Beef And Melon Salad – An adaptation of a traditional Thai green papaya salad that adds a little bit of protein. Fish sauce and fresh herbs give this salad a serious taste boost.
- Asparagus And Arugula Salad – Very simple ingredients and a bold flavor. A hearty salad option featuring asparagus, arugula, avocado oil, and a simple vinaigrette.
Themed Paleo Recipes
- Apple Cider Soda – Apple cider is a staple of the autumn months and this little twist on an already loved drink is fun and easy.
- Stuffed Grape Leaves (Dolmas) – Dolmas is a traditional dish in many parts of the world, including in the Balkans and in the Middle East. This is a great paleo recipe option for any gatherings themed around these regions.
- Paleo Chocolate Birthday Cake – What would a birthday be without birthday cake? Traditional cake recipes are clearly not paleo, but this recipe takes care of that problem in the most delicious sort of way.
- Paleo Thai Curry – An awesome choice for any Thai-themed meals, which uses curry, squash, avocado, and cashews.
- Paleo Chicken Tikka Masala – Indian food rocks and this is the perfect recipe for an Indian-themed dinner that is also 100% paleo-friendly.
- Crock Pot Carnitas – Any Mexican meal would be lacking without tender, flavorful carnitas, so try this recipe the next time you have a meal themed according to this country’s much loved cuisine.
- Pulled Pork Barbecue – Every BBQ needs pulled pork and, fortunately, it’s a dish that works very well with the paleo diet.
- Easy Paleo Chicken Wings – Having a party while watching the big game and want to make sure your guests are happy? Chicken wings are a must-have.
- Pumpkin Pie Bars – Another delectable treat for the autumn months of the year. Celebrate fall and the wonder that is the pumpkin with these bars.
- Paleo Naan – Naan is a popular and traditional food item in virtually every corner of Asia, so it is something you should definitely have at any Asian-themed meal.
Wildcard Paleo Recipes
- Liver Paté – Definitely not for everyone, but this recipe is packed with healthy fats. Those who love liver will love it.
- Sautéed Fiddleheads – Many people are unfamiliar with fiddleheads, but these little ferns are easy to find in many locales if they are looked for, and are a nice paleo side dish to add to any meal.
- Cajun Sweet Potato Fries – Sweet potatoes are a favorite of many paleo eaters, as they are a paleo-safe alternative to regular potatoes. These sweet potato fries are spiced up with classic cajun flavors.
- Asparagus Pesto – Pesto is a great choice for a quick snack on the go, or as an added aspect to any meal. This recipe is a much healthier option than shop-bought pesto.
- Gazpacho – The author of this recipe describes it as a “cool, summertime soup”. That sounds pretty good to me. An easy one too – just a few ingredients and a blender are needed.
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts – This is a side dish that takes only a few minutes to prepare, but which is clearly very healthy and something that pretty much anyone is going to enjoy with their meal.
- Baked Yams/Sweet Potatoes – Sweet potatoes coated in coconut oil and baked? There is no way that this is not good.
- Mayonnaise – Paleo mayonnaise is easy to make. Now you don’t need to miss your favorite mayo-based foods any longer.
- Paleo Herb Gravy – Traditional gravy recipes are often not entirely paleo-friendly but this one is. Use it whenever you would like to a add bold flavor to your dishes.
- Mashed Cauliflower – Mashed potatoes are a classic comfort food for many folks. This recipe, though void of potatoes, is sure to bring that same comfort.
+1 More Paleo Recipe to make 101
- Paleo Bread – The absence of bread in the paleo diet is arguably the number one thing that paleo eaters struggle with. This paleo recipe is the antidote to the issue. You can find seven other recipes for paleo bread here.
Image sources: Civilized Caveman, Elana’s Pantry, Amazing Paleo
If you liked our paleo recipes…
You’ll love our keto recipes. And you’re in luck – because we have those too. From barbecue meatloaf to blueberry waffles, we’re always adding recipes that are guaranteed to please your tastebuds.
You can check out our Keto Recipes archive here and our friends keto meal prep recipes as well.
Want to give keto a try? We also have our keto meal plans service with brand-new, easy-to-cook recipes, delivered every week straight to your inbox. Check it out.
Download Your FREE Paleo Starter Kit Today!
- 3-Day Paleo Diet Meal Plan
- Comprehensive Paleo Diet Shopping List
- 5 of Our Favorite Paleo Diet Recipes