So you want to go beyond just making a great paleo breakfast and make amazing some paleo pancakes of your own, huh?
Well, you’re in luck, we have a great 3-ingredient recipe for you that we’ve tweaked a bit for our own tastes. What we ended up with is what I would call absolute perfection.
Pancakes are a mainstay breakfast meal. But is a pancake without having to use flour even possible? Well, tell you what, the paleo pancake recipe is the answer to your question. Yes! We can make pancakes out of paleo based ingredients. All you need to get are ripe bananas, eggs, and a heaping of almond butter. And here is how we do it in 3 simple steps.
First, Mash up the bananas, add in the egg and mix into the batter. Second, stir in the almond butter to the mix (more almond butter = more pancake-y type texture) then cover pan with butter or coconut oil. Third, cook the pancakes until brown on each side then top with fruit as needed. And there you have it! Your very own home made paleo pancake!
This paleo pancake recipe is very easy to make, and it is also a good source of potassium because of the banana as the main ingredient of this recipe and that is something that you don’t get from ordinary pancakes. Enjoy!
Table of Contents
Paleo Pancake Recipe
The great thing about these pancakes is they are super simple to make. Case in point: this only takes 3 ingredients.
- 2 Ripe bananas
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp Heaping of almond butter
Mash up the bananas
Add in the egg and mix into the batter
Stir in the almond butter to the mix (more almond butter = more pancake-y type texture)
Cover pan with butter or coconut oil
Cook the pancakes until brown on each side
Top with fruit as needed
How To Make Paleo Pancake Recipe – Infographic
Make your own paleo pancakes and learn more about the paleo diet at UltimatePaleoGuide.com.
Paleo Pancake Resources & Tips
If you want to customize or tweak your pancake recipe to your own liking, here are a few more tips.
- Add more almond butter for more pancake-y type texturing (the more almond butter added, the more solid the pancake).
- Top with warm grass-fed butter to really bring out the flavor.
- Top with fruit (personally, we recommend some of the fruits on our paleo diet food list – our favorites include blueberries, blackberries and strawberries).
- Depending on where you fall on the sugar spectrum, you may want to add some all-natural maple syrup for a slight sweetened flavor.
- If you want to stay away from syrup, you can go with a lighter sweetener and use some natural honey. It’s absolutely delicious – you’ll thank us later
That’s all there is to it! That’s how you make paleo pancakes.
Have you made these pancakes before? If so, share it with us below! People seem to LOVE our paleo pancakes. Just check out some of these photos of the recipe above on their instagram feeds.
Jenny Sansouci – Healthy Crush
Gabrielle Bernstein – GabbyB.TV
Download Your FREE Paleo Starter Kit Today!
- 3-Day Paleo Diet Meal Plan
- Comprehensive Paleo Diet Shopping List
- 5 of Our Favorite Paleo Diet Recipes