Ditch the sugary jarred variety for this homemade applesauce, and you’ll never look back. You control the spices and amount of sugar, making this recipe a perfect Paleo snack.
Paleo Homemade Applesauce
- 3 lbs Apples (any variety, peeled, cored, and chopped)
- 1/2 cup Apple cider (or water)
- 1 Lemon (juiced)
- 2-3 tbsp Honey (or maple syrup)
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
Put all of the ingredients in a large pot. Bring to a boil, and reduce heat to a simmer.
Simmer for 20-30 minutes, until apples are well broken down.
For a chunkier applesauce, serve as is. For a smoother version, puree in a blender or food processor. Store in the fridge.
Download Your FREE Paleo Starter Kit Today!
- 3-Day Paleo Diet Meal Plan
- Comprehensive Paleo Diet Shopping List
- 5 of Our Favorite Paleo Diet Recipes