At this time of year, a warm breakfast bowl really hits the spot. Morning steel cut oatmeal is something people who adopt the paleo diet often say they miss. Additionally, for paleo followers who are egg-sensitive, keeping breakfast fresh can be a challenge. The great thing about this recipe is that you can customize it just as you would any other oatmeal recipe, by adding different toppings or add-ins like nut butter or raisins. With this quick paleo porridge, you can still have a hearty and filling breakfast that is both warm and satisfying in the morning.
Fall Breakfast Paleo Porridge
- 1 1/2 cups Pureed pumpkin (you can roast your own or use an organic canned version)
- 2 tbsp Coconut cream (or 1 coconut butter)
- 2 tbsp Coconut flakes (fine shredded)
- 1 Banana (mashed)
- 2 tbsp Ground flax seeds (or flax chia blend)
- 3 tbsp Sunflower seeds
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- Crushed almonds (walnuts, or pecans)
- 1 scoop Nut butter
- Cacao nibs
- Dried fruit (such as raisins or chopped apricots)
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well by hand (or use a hand mixer or immersion blender to make the mixture really creamy and light).
Place in a small saucepan and warm over a low heat for fifteen minutes, stirring frequently.
Add toppings as desired and serve.
* You can also replace the mashed banana with half a cup of a paleo, chunky, and organic applesauce.
Download Your FREE Paleo Starter Kit Today!
- 3-Day Paleo Diet Meal Plan
- Comprehensive Paleo Diet Shopping List
- 5 of Our Favorite Paleo Diet Recipes