This salad makes for a filling and fresh snack or side and makes a change from the usual leafy greens plus cucumber and tomatoes job. If you struggle to get your kids to eat their greens, try them out on this salad because the fruit adds some sweetness that they might enjoy.
Apple Broccoli Salad
- 1 Head broccoli (florets, and stem, chopped)
- 1 Red apple (large, diced)
- 1 cup Green olives (halved)
- 1/2 c Red onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 cup Fresh pineapple (diced, or canned in 100% juice)
- 1/4 c Raisins and/or 1/4toasted almond slivers
- 2 cloves garlic
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1/4 c EVOO
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard (clean)
- 1 tbsp White vinegar
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Rosemary
- Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper (to taste)
In a small blender or food processor, add all the ingredients for the vinaigrette and process until smooth and creamy. Set aside in a small covered jar.
Clean, trim, and roughly chop broccoli. (I used a mandolin slicer to get the stem pieces nice and thin.) Place into a large serving bowl.
Core and dice apple. It’s up to you whether you keep the skin or not. Add apple to the broccoli.
Using a mandolin, thinly slice the red onion and add to the broccoli and apple.
Clean, dice, and add pineapple to the salad.
Toss without vinaigrette. Serve the vinaigrette on the side and store separately in the fridge to help preserve the salad.
Download Your FREE Paleo Starter Kit Today!
- 3-Day Paleo Diet Meal Plan
- Comprehensive Paleo Diet Shopping List
- 5 of Our Favorite Paleo Diet Recipes