Sausage Arugula Stuffed Apples
Sweet and savory, this easy breakfast is healthy and delicious. It's a perfect cool weather breakfast when apples are in season.
Total Time 40 minutes
- 1 apple halved, core removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 ounces breakfast sausage
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 tablespoon chopped almonds
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Lay the apples cut side up in a baking dish. Brush with half the oil and season with salt and pepper.
Heat the remaining oil in a skillet and add the sausage. Cook until no longer pink, and add the arugula. Cook until wilted.
Spoon mixture into the apples and bake for 15-20 minutes, until apples are tender. Sprinkle with the almond before serving.
Download Your FREE Paleo Starter Kit Today!
- 3-Day Paleo Diet Meal Plan
- Comprehensive Paleo Diet Shopping List
- 5 of Our Favorite Paleo Diet Recipes