Sausage and Sweet Potato Breakfast Bowl
This hearty breakfast is both sweet and savory thanks to sweet potatoes and breakfast sausage. It also comes together relatively quickly, so it makes a perfect weekday breakfast when you want to fuel up and get out the door fast.
Total Time 20 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium sweet potato peeled and diced
- 2 green onions diced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 pound breakfast sausage
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
Heat the oil in a heavy skillet over medium high heat. Add the sweet potato and the green onions, and cook until browned and softened. Add the pepper flakes and stir.
Add the sausage to the pan and cook until no longer pink. Stir in the spinach and cook until wilted. Season with salt and pepper, and serve immediately.
Download Your FREE Paleo Starter Kit Today!
- 3-Day Paleo Diet Meal Plan
- Comprehensive Paleo Diet Shopping List
- 5 of Our Favorite Paleo Diet Recipes