This taco salad can make for a healthy and substantial meal, depending on what you choose to add into it. You can switch up the salad ingredients a little every day. Make a large batch of taco meat on Sunday and you’ll be able to enjoy it for lunch for the rest of the week. The taco seasoning can also be made in a large batch and then stored in the spice cupboard. Top the salad with an avocado, ranch dressing, or your own favorite vinaigrette.
Simple Taco Salad
- 1 Head of Romaine lettuce (chopped)
- 2 Roma tomatoes (thinly sliced)
- 1/4 Red onion (thinly sliced)
- 1/4 cup Black olives (sliced)
- 1 Avocado (pitted and diced)
- 1 tbsp Cilantro (chopped)
For the meat
- 1 lb Ground beef
- 2 tsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp Onion powder
- 1/4 tsp Oregano (dried)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper (to taste)
Place the lettuce, tomatoes, onion, and olives into a large bowl and toss to combine. Set aside.
Brown the ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat.
Stir in all of the spices.
Cook until the beef is no longer pink, stirring regularly.
To assemble, divide the lettuce mixture among the plates and top with ground beef.
Sprinkle with avocado and cilantro to serve.
Download Your FREE Paleo Starter Kit Today!
- 3-Day Paleo Diet Meal Plan
- Comprehensive Paleo Diet Shopping List
- 5 of Our Favorite Paleo Diet Recipes