There are many health benefits of eating fish. Its Omega-3 fatty acids in particular are good for your heart. So we recommend making fish the main source of protein in at least one of the meals you eat a week.
Grilled Skin on Fish
- 8 White fish fillets (small-medium- I used yellow fin tuna and red snappert hey should be de-scaled and de-headed)
- 1/4 c Softened butter
- 1/4 c garlic (minced)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 2 Lemons
Take de-scaled and de-headed fish fillets and cut flesh to the spine at a 45-degree angle from tip to tail and vice versa, creating Xs on both sides (see photo).
Mix together softened butter and minced garlic.
Using a spatula, evenly spread garlic butter on all sides of the fish, making sure to fill each of the crevices with as much tasty garlic butter as possible.
Heat grill to medium heat.
Place fish on grill and grill for about 3-5 minutes on each side, until flesh is flaky and white to the bone.
Serve with lemon wedges, and garnish with a sprinkle of dried dill if desired.
Download Your FREE Paleo Starter Kit Today!
- 3-Day Paleo Diet Meal Plan
- Comprehensive Paleo Diet Shopping List
- 5 of Our Favorite Paleo Diet Recipes