We’re coming at you today with some good old chicken soup – but this time we’ve added powerful spices to give it a healing punch. This Ginger Turmeric Chicken Soup will deliver on all fronts. Because let’s be honest, we’re living in trying times right now.
Coronavirus has been announced as a pandemic and people are admittedly worried. Unfortunately, this virus is wreaking havoc across the globe and it is currently unknown what the eventual toll will be.
I don’t mean to start this post off on a downer note, but I do think it’s important to address because it’s weighing on heavy on many people’s minds. Mine included. This is a serious subject affecting all of us and it should be taken seriously.
That being said, we can do our best to control what we can control. According the CDC Guidelines, we should all take the following precautions:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your face – eyes, nose and mouth included.
- If you are sick, STAY HOME
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw it in the trash
- Make sure objects that you come in contact with frequently are cleaned and disinfected
- Wash your hands with soap for 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
Keep up to date with your latest state recommendations by visiting your local public health department.
That being said, another important part of ensuring our health is the best it can be during this time is by nutrition. That’s why this recipe today should be put into your recipe book ASAP.
Ginger and turmeric are two powerful spices. Ginger has properties that support immune function, digestion and muscle and joint pain. Turmeric is highly anti-inflammatory.
This recipe also calls for bone broth. Bone broth also has many health-promoting qualities. Then, last but not least, we’ve snuck in a bunch of vegetables.
Seriously, if you’re feeling under the weather, or you’d just like to make sure you’re getting nutritious foods in your body, this is the recipe to do so. And better still, it only takes about 30 minutes to come together.
Friends, please take this seriously. Wash your hands. Don’t touch your face. Stay home if you’re sick. And eat nutrient-dense REAL foods.
Ginger Turmeric Chicken Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 2 carrots diced
- 3 stalks celery diced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated turmeric or 1/2 teaspoon ground
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 4 cups bone broth
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste (omit pepper for AIP)
Heat the oil in a heavy pot and add the onion, carrots, celery, and mushrooms. Cook until softened and add the ginger, turmeric, and garlic. Cook for another minute and add the broth. Bring to a boil, add the chicken breasts, and reduce to a simmer. Cook until chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes, and remove from pot. Shred the chicken with two forks and add it back to the pot with the thyme, and cider vinegar.
Simmer until heated through and serve immediately
Download Your FREE Paleo Starter Kit Today!
- 3-Day Paleo Diet Meal Plan
- Comprehensive Paleo Diet Shopping List
- 5 of Our Favorite Paleo Diet Recipes