Baked Pork & Apples
- 3 Boneless pork loins (thick)
- 1 c Onion (diced)
- 1 tbsp garlic (minced)
- 2 Apples (small, green sliced)
- 1/2 c Bone broth*
- 1 tsp Italian seasonings
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 tbsp Coconut oil
In a medium saucepan, melt half of the coconut oil and turn up the heat to medium high. Once the pan is nice and hot, add in pork chops and brown on each side for about 4 minutes. Set aside.
In a large saucepan, melt the remaining half of the coconut oil and add in onions and minced garlic. Sauté lightly for about 2 minutes.
Add green apple slices to the onion and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes more.
Stir in Italian seasonings, salt, and pepper. Make sure everything is well combined. Remove from heat and set aside.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Use an oven-safe baking dish and layer the pork chops on the bottom of the dish. Top them with the apple/veggie mix. Add in 1/2 c of bone broth and cook for 30 minutes.
Serve hot with a side salad topped with fresh grape tomatoes.
* Bone broth recipe: https://ultimatepaleoguide.com/super-easy-bone-broth-crockpot/
Download Your FREE Paleo Starter Kit Today!
- 3-Day Paleo Diet Meal Plan
- Comprehensive Paleo Diet Shopping List
- 5 of Our Favorite Paleo Diet Recipes