I recently came across this recipe for Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies on Running To The Kitchen. I was so impressed that I wanted to share it with you because these cookies are definitely going on my “staple cookie” list to be made time and time again. I strongly encourage you to add them to yours!
I did make a few minor changes.
I doubled the recipe because this one only makes 8 cookies, and I simply cannot survive with only 8 of these delicious bites! I mean, 8? What?! We’re gonna need more than 8 cookies for this holiday season.
Also, I made the cookies a touch smaller. This change resulted in twice the amount of cookies as well as a shortened baking time.
Here’s what you’ll need to do:
- 2 c almond flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 6 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 4 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp coconut milk
- 4-6 tbsp cooked and crumbled bacon
- 1/2 C chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine all the dry ingredients, and mix well with a fork.
- In another bowl, combine all the wet ingredients. Please note that the coconut oil should be melted.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients, and gently fold in the bacon crumbles. Be careful not to over-stir – stir just enough to mix well.
- Using wet or damp hands, dig into the cookie mixture, and form small cookie balls. Gently place the cookies on the parchment-lined sheet.
- These will not spread out much, so the cookies can be placed fairly close together.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until lightly browned on top.