Holiday parties are full of Christmas treats and desserts that are typically loaded in sugar and flour. If you’re looking for something Paleo friendly that will also satisfy your sweet tooth, serve these rich, dark chocolate truffles flavored with peppermint to make a classic holiday flavor combo. Use the highest quality dark chocolate you can find for best flavor and most nutrients.
Peppermint Dark Chocolate Truffles
- 1 cup coconut milk from a can (not light!)
- 10 ounces Dark chocolate (darkest you can find - at least 65% cacao), finely chopped
- 3 tbsp Coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp Peppermint extract
- Cocoa powder for dusting finished truffles
Heat the coconut milk to a simmer, either in a saucepan or the microwave.
Put the chocolate and coconut oil in a large bowl and pour the hot milk in. Stir gently, until chocolate is melted, and mixture is smooth. Add the peppermint extract, and stir until combined.
Cover the mixture and refrigerate until firm, 3-4 hours, or overnight.
When ready to make the truffles, pour some cocoa powder in a small bowl. Remove chocolate mixture from fridge, and scoop into 36 1-inch balls using either a melon baller or cookie scoop. Form into balls and roll in the cocoa powder. Store in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to serve.
Download Your FREE Paleo Starter Kit Today!
- 3-Day Paleo Diet Meal Plan
- Comprehensive Paleo Diet Shopping List
- 5 of Our Favorite Paleo Diet Recipes