The paleo diet has plenty of vegetarian-friendly options, including this delicious, spicy curry. Coconut milk adds sweetness to the dish to help to balance the spiciness, although any kind of curry paste can be used, whether it’s mild yellow, green, or spicy red. As the dish simmers on the stove, the curry mixture should become creamier and thicker. Serve alongside cauliflower rice to soak up the flavors.
Paleo Vegetable Curry
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil
- 2 tbsp Panaeng curry paste
- 1 yellow onion (medium, diced)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 Red bell pepper (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper (thinly sliced)
- 1 Yellow squash (small, chopped)
- 1 Head of broccoli (small, cut into florets)
- 1 14 oz can Coconut milk
- 1 tsp Coconut aminos
- Salt (to taste)
- 2 tsp Lime juice
- 1/4 cup Cilantro (chopped)
Melt the coconut oil in a large pan over medium heat.
Add the curry paste and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
Add the onion and garlic to the pan, along with a dash of salt, and sauté for 4-5 minutes.
Stir in the bell peppers, squash, and broccoli.
Sauté for 2-3 minutes more.
Add the coconut milk and coconut aminos to the pan and bring to a simmer.
Cook for 10-15 minutes until the coconut milk has thickened slightly and the vegetables are tender.
Adjust salt to taste.
Remove from heat and stir in the lime juice.
Top with cilantro to serve.
Download Your FREE Paleo Starter Kit Today!
- 3-Day Paleo Diet Meal Plan
- Comprehensive Paleo Diet Shopping List
- 5 of Our Favorite Paleo Diet Recipes