Not only are these a fun addition to kids’ paleo lunch boxes, but they’re also a blast to make for the young at heart. They can be served as a fun finger food dessert for unpretentious dinner parties!
Paleo Orange Gummies
- 3.5 c Water
- 3 tbsp Gelatin powder
- 1/4 tsp Lemon extract (or 12 drops food grade lemon essential oil)
- 3 tbsp Honey (or your preferred sweetener - stevia agave, maple syrup, etc.)
- 3 tbsp 100% orange juice (the real stuff not the sugary kind)
- 2 drops Yellow food coloring (may or may not be paleo depending on the kind you choose), optional
Add orange juice and 3 c water to a small saucepan on low. Warm the water but do not let it boil.
Once water is warm, add in sweetener and stir to dissolve. If desired, add 2 drops yellow food coloring. Add the lemon extract.
While water is warming, add gelatin to remaining 1/2 c warm water in a separate dish and stir to make gelatin paste.
Remove pot from heat and stir gelatin paste into the rest of the liquid.
Once fully combined, pour liquid into a silicone mold or an 8x8 glass baking dish. Refrigerate overnight or until set.
Once the gummies are set, remove from mold and use a knife to cut into squares or get little fingers involved and use shaped cookie cutters!
Store in fridge.
Download Your FREE Paleo Starter Kit Today!
- 3-Day Paleo Diet Meal Plan
- Comprehensive Paleo Diet Shopping List
- 5 of Our Favorite Paleo Diet Recipes