Kettle & Fire Organic Chicken Bone Broth
Remember when we reviewed Kettle & Fire’s Organic Beef Bone Broth last year?
(If not, click this link and read all our thoughts.)
Spoiler alert – we liked it. A lot.
Lucky for us, they’re back with a new product. It’s just as potent for healing your gut, aiding in digestion, tightening your skin, and supporting your liver.
We’re really excited about this: Organic Chicken Bone Broth.
When we talk about using food as medicine, bone broth falls right into that category. It has incredible healing properties.
Seriously, it’s the ultimate healing food.
Need a refresher on the benefits of bone broth? I’ve got you covered.
Bone broth for your gut
Bone broth has glycine and glutamine. These are amino acids that directly impact the integrity of your intestinal wall. It’s when our intestinal wall becomes compromised that symptoms of leaky gut can occur.
Including bone broth in your diet can provide a boost of glycine and glutamine and can go towards maintaining your intestinal lining integrity.
Bone broth is also rich in collagen which helps keep our stomach lining healthy and happy.
The combination of these things ensures that our body can properly digest food. Awesome, huh?
Bone broth for your skin
Speaking of collagen, it has great benefits for your skin. Was we age, our skin naturally loses its elasticity. One of the best, natural ways to restore luster back to your skin is to consume collagen-rich foods. Collagen helps increase connective tissue, reduce cellulite, and tighten up that skin.
Bone broth for your joints
You may notice a theme here, but stick with me…
Guess what protein makes up bones, tendons, and ligaments? Yep, it’s collagen. The collagen found in bone broth can go towards improving the health and longevity of your joints.
Bone broth is also rich in other proteins like gelatin, proline, and glycine. These proteins also make up your bones, tendons, and ligaments, so that’s just another bonus.
That’s Not All…
The glycine in bone broth also helps support the liver’s detox potential. The liver is responsible for collecting, compounding, and removing toxins from the body, so including glycine-rich foods helps your liver with this job. Glycine also helps produce antioxidants which helps reduce oxidative stress on the body.
Not to mention that bone broth is also rich in essential minerals like magnesium, potassium, and calcium.
Basically – bone broth is good for you. And you should be including it in your diet when possible.
That’s why we’re such big fans of Kettle & Fire. Especially in the summer months.
I don’t know about you, but I don’t have air conditioning in my little apartment. So when the heat come around, I really try as hard as I can to not turn on any appliance that will make my living space hotter.
Reasons why I’m into Kettle & Fire –
- I don’t have to turn my crockpot or stove on to get my daily dose of bone broth.
- The broth is fresh – never frozen. Not to mention, when it’s shipped to you, it isn’t packaged with big styrofoam containers or dry ice. This is infinitely better for our environment.
- It has a 2 year shelf-life with no added preservatives or additives!
- It’s made with all organic chicken bones. The broth also has super high amounts of those important proteins – collagen & gelatin – since they use chicken feet to make their broth.
- Just check out this ingredient list:
- Ingredient List: Chicken Bone Broth (Filtered Water, Organic Chicken Bones, Organic Apple Cider Vinegar), Chicken Broth, Organic Celery, Organic Roasted Poblano Pepper, Organic Green Pepper, Organic Onion, Organic Carrots, Organic Garlic, Organic Scallions, Organic Tomato Puree, Organic Herbs (Parsley, Thyme, Rosemary, Basil, Bay Leaves) Organic Spices, Organic Black Pepper, Sea Salt.
- It also tastes great! That’s pretty important, huh?
But you may be thinking – I don’t want to drink hot bone broth in the
middle of summer? Yeah, I feel you. I thought the same thing.
Then I saw a recipe for a Bone Broth Smoothie on the Kettle & Fire blog.
MIND BLOWN. Not only is a smoothie an easy way to get in a bunch of vitamins and minerals all in one sip, you can also hide your bone broth right in there.
Try it. Sip it. Love it.
Download Your FREE Paleo Starter Kit Today!
- 3-Day Paleo Diet Meal Plan
- Comprehensive Paleo Diet Shopping List
- 5 of Our Favorite Paleo Diet Recipes