This soup is perfect for the chilly early spring weather or for those days where you are just feeling under the weather. Hot soup to warm your tummy and take your cares away! There really is something so magical about a bowl of warm soup on a cold day (or any day)!
This fresh vegetable soup is loaded with nutrients and is an enjoyable way to get a good dose of vegetables. A very hearty and tasty vegetable soup prepared using a variety of plump, moist, and tender garden veggies. You just can’t go wrong with a lunch like this!
Garden Vegetable Soup
Total Time 55 minutes
Calories 289 kcal
- 1 pint Grape tomatoes
- 3-4 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 - 1 Onion (medium, chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 bunch Asparagus (sliced at an angle into 1-inch pieces)
- 1 Carrot (large,peeled and sliced)
- 1/2 - 1 Leek (small, white part only, sliced)
- 4 c. Chicken broth (low-sodium)
- 2 tbsp Fresh chives (chopped)
- 1 tsp Sea salt (or as needed to season)
- 1 tsp Fresh ground black pepper (or as needed to season)
- 1/8 tsp Paleo-friendly tabasco sauce (optional)
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Place the grape tomatoes on a rimmed baking sheet, drizzle on 1-2 tbsp. olive oil, and toss to coat. Place in the preheated oven and allow the tomatoes to roast for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven, let cool, and mash.
Place a large skillet over medium-high heat, add in 2 tbsp. of olive oil, and let it heat up. Add in the onion, garlic, asparagus, carrot, and leek. Season with 1 tsp. each of salt and black pepper. Sauté for 2-4 minutes or until onion is translucent and garlic is fragrant.
Pour in the chicken broth and let simmer for 8-10 minutes or until the soup is heated through and the carrots are fork-tender. Stir in the mashed tomatoes and cook for 2 more minutes.
To serve, ladle 1 ½ - 2 c. of the soup into each soup bowl and garnish each serving with 1 tbsp. fresh chives. Add a couple drops of tabasco sauce, if desired, for added spice.
Serving Size: 1½ - 2 cups soup
Garden Vegetable Soup
Amount Per Serving
Calories 289 Calories from Fat 234
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 5g31%
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 16g
Vitamin A 1100IU22%
Vitamin C 23.1mg28%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Download Your FREE Paleo Starter Kit Today!
- 3-Day Paleo Diet Meal Plan
- Comprehensive Paleo Diet Shopping List
- 5 of Our Favorite Paleo Diet Recipes