This lush and creamy soup gets it’s rich texture from a combo of coconut milk and pureed cauliflower. It’s loaded with herbs, and bulked up with tender shredded chicken.
If you have leftover chicken, this is a great use for it.
It’s a filling lunch that is low in carbs and high in protein, but has the added bonus of being delicious.
It’s like the comforting cream of chicken soup you remember from you childhood, but way better and way healthier!
Creamy Cauliflower Chicken Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 head of cauliflower cut into cubes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 cups cooked and chopped chicken breast
- 1/4 cup chopped herbs such as parsley, thyme, basil, cilantro
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
Heat the oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium high heat. Ad the onion and garlic and cook until softened. Add the cauliflower, stir to coat, and add the broth. Bring to a boil, and reduce to a simmer. Simmer until cauliflower is tender.
Transfer the soup to a blender and puree until creamy, leaving some pieces of cauliflower if you like. Transfer back to the pot and add the coconut milk, chicken, herbs, and lemon juice. Simmer on low heat until thickened and heated through. Serve immediately.
Download Your FREE Paleo Starter Kit Today!
- 3-Day Paleo Diet Meal Plan
- Comprehensive Paleo Diet Shopping List
- 5 of Our Favorite Paleo Diet Recipes