This delicious and hearty soup reminds me of the creamy wild rice chicken soup I had before I went paleo, but it’s light enough to enjoy year round, not just during the cold winter months. If you don’t have shredded chicken leftovers, consider using (clean) canned chicken to make this recipe a breeze!
Cream Of Cauliflower & Chicken Soup
- 1 bag Cauliflower (frozen, about 3-4 c)
- 3 tbsp Coconut oil (melted)
- Sea salt (to taste)
- 4 c Leeks (thinly sliced (white portion only))
- 3 tbsp garlic (minced)
- 3 c Mushrooms
- 1 tsp Thyme (dried, plus more for garnish)
- 3 1/4 c Bone broth*
- 2 c Coconut milk
- 2 c Cooked (shredded chicken)
- Pepper (to taste)
Preheat oven to 400.
Lay cauliflower florets flat on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Drizzle 1 tbsp coconut oil over the cauliflower and sprinkle with sea salt.
Roast for 20-25 minutes, turning halfway through.
While the cauliflower is roasting, melt 2 tbsp coconut oil in a large soup pot.
Add in garlic and sliced leeks. Sauté until translucent. If the leeks begin to burn, feel free to add 1/4 c of water.
Once the leeks are almost done, add in thyme. Mix well.
Add bone broth, roasted cauliflower, and coconut milk. Bring to a light simmer.
Using either a regular blender or an immersion blender, blend several cups of the soup until it’s smooth or until it reaches your desired consistency. I like mine hearty so I don’t blend it all.
Now you can add the mushrooms and heat the soup through. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Serve hot with a light sprinkle of thyme on top.
* Bone broth: https://ultimatepaleoguide.com/super-easy-bone-broth-crockpot/
Download Your FREE Paleo Starter Kit Today!
- 3-Day Paleo Diet Meal Plan
- Comprehensive Paleo Diet Shopping List
- 5 of Our Favorite Paleo Diet Recipes