Butter + Coffee?
Who would have thought that’d be a good idea?
Well it’s not – it’s a great idea.
Welcome to the world of BulletProof Coffee
Table of Contents
What Is BulletProof Coffee?
Bulletproof coffee is the invention of Dave Asprey at the BulletProof Exec. After searching for a coffee with low enough level of toxins & molds to meet his criteria, he gave up and decided to produce his own.
Besides being on par with some of the best coffee out there, Dave added a few ingredients to make his take on coffee – just a bit more unique.
- He added grass-fed butter to help maintain your fat burning mode in the morning, keep your blood sugar low & feed your brain tons of healthy fats.
- He added Brain Octane – essentially MCT oil on steroids – to help jolt your cognitive function into hyperdrive.
Benefits of BulletProof Coffee
There’s quite a few benefits of bulletproof coffee (and honestly, you have to try it once before you pass judgement), but a few of those benefits include:
- Absurdly low level of toxins
- Heaps of healthy fats to help give you long-lasting slow-burning energy.
- Maintain low blood sugar levels & prolong fat burning phase.
- Cognitive jolt & energy boost.
BulletProof Coffee Recipe
- 1 cup water 8oz
- 2 1/2 tablespoons freshly ground Bulletproof Coffee heaping scoops
- 1 teaspoon Bulletproof Brain Octane
- 1-2 tablespoon grass-fed unsalted butter (KerryGold)
Start with 1 cup (8 oz.) filtered water, just off the boil.
Measure 2 1/2 heaping tablespoons freshly ground Bulletproof® Upgraded™ Coffee beans (approximately 2 rounded tablespoons per 6 oz. water) and brew strong black coffee using your favorite coffee brewing method. (Why this is important)
Pour in 1 teaspoon Bulletproof® Upgraded™ Brain Octane™ or Bulletproof® Upgraded™ MCT Oil (build up to 1-2 tablespoons over several days).
Add 1 tablespoon grass-fed, unsalted butter or ghee (build up to 2 tablespoons or much more over several days).
Mix in a blender for at least 20 seconds until the drink is frothy and looks like a creamy latte without a film of oil on the surface.
(optional) Add cinnamon, vanilla, dark chocolate, or a sweetener like Stevia for flavor
More BulletProof Coffee Resources
- Original Recipe at BulletProof Exec
- Modified BulletProof Coffee recipe available at IMPOSSIBLE
- Bulletproof coffee alternative – Fatty Coffee – by Abel James
How To Make BulletProof Coffee Video
Bullet Proof Coffee Ingredients Available Here
- Bulletproof Coffee
- Bulletproof Upgraded Brain Octane
- Kerry Gold Grassfed Butter (remember to choose unsalted, grass-fed, butter).
Download Your FREE Paleo Starter Kit Today!
- 3-Day Paleo Diet Meal Plan
- Comprehensive Paleo Diet Shopping List
- 5 of Our Favorite Paleo Diet Recipes