Skillets make for a quick, easy, hearty, and filling breakfast. They are an excellent way to start off your day, providing you with the proper protein and nutrients to fuel you through the morning. Breakfast skillets are also great for sharing with family or a large number of people at brunch. Sweet potatoes form a good base for the dish and you can add your favorite vegetables from there.
Sweet Potato Breakfast Skillet
- 1 Olnion (large, diced)
- 3 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil (divided)
- 2 Italian sausages (diced)
- 2 Sweet potatoes (finely chopped)
- 6-7 Stalks asparagus (chopped)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper (to taste)
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tbsp Fresh parsley (chopped)
Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add the onion, sprinkle with salt, and sauté for 10-12 minutes to slightly caramelize.
Add the sausages to the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes. Stir in the sweet potatoes and asparagus, along with another tablespoon of olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook, covered, for 5-6 minutes, until the potatoes begin to soften. Stir occasionally.
Make three small wells in the sweet potato mixture. Carefully crack the eggs into the wells and cover the skillet. Cook for an additional 5 minutes or until the egg whites are set. Serve immediately, topped with fresh parsley for garnish.
Download Your FREE Paleo Starter Kit Today!
- 3-Day Paleo Diet Meal Plan
- Comprehensive Paleo Diet Shopping List
- 5 of Our Favorite Paleo Diet Recipes