Marinara sauce is one of those things that needs a long simmering time, but not so with your Instant Pot. This is perfect if you want to make a delicious Italian dinner on a whim. Use for zucchini noodles, meatballs, or anywhere you would use marinara sauce.
Instant Pot Marinara
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cans whole Italian tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Fresh chopped basil optional
Add your oil to your Instant Pot. Using the sauté setting on your pot, cook the onions and garlic for about 5 minutes, until translucent.
Add the remaining ingredients except for the basil. Lock the lid and set your cooking time to 10 minutes.
When done, you can puree the sauce in a blender for a smoother consistency, or mash the tomato pieces if you like a chunkier sauce. Stir in the basil before serving.
Download Your FREE Paleo Starter Kit Today!
- 3-Day Paleo Diet Meal Plan
- Comprehensive Paleo Diet Shopping List
- 5 of Our Favorite Paleo Diet Recipes