Even though chicken may be a staple in your diet, it doesn’t need to be boring. Make it exciting with this simple recipe that incorporates spicy seasonings to add a pleasant kick to weeknight meal.
Cilantro Lime Chicken
- 2 Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil
- 3 tbsp Juice from 2 limes
- 1/4 c Cilantro (fresh chopped)
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp Cayenne (optional)
- 1 Avocado (for garnish)
- Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper (to taste)
Warm coconut oil in a medium-sized skillet.
While skillet is warming, sprinkle chicken breasts with seasonings (not cilantro).
Once skillet is medium-hot, add chicken breasts and cover.
Juice lime into skillet along with chicken breast and cook about 5 minutes on each side or until chicken is no longer pink.
While chicken is cooking, slice avocado for garnish and roughly chop cilantro.
Once chicken is done, sprinkle generously with cilantro and serve with avocado garnish.
Download Your FREE Paleo Starter Kit Today!
- 3-Day Paleo Diet Meal Plan
- Comprehensive Paleo Diet Shopping List
- 5 of Our Favorite Paleo Diet Recipes