Who doesn’t love a good, hearty beef stew?! But why not go one step further and shake things up a bit? Add some spice and plantains and you’ll find yourself with a uniquely delicious meal that your friends and family will be super eager to try!
Caribbean Beef Stew in The Slow Cooker
- 1.5 lb Beef stew meat (cut into chunks)
- 3 Plantains (peeled and cut into chunks)
- 3 c Collard greens (chopped)
- 3 c Water
- 3 tbsp Smoked paprika
- 3 tbsp Garlic powder
- Salt ( to taste)
- 1 tbsp Allspice
- 1 tsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp Cayenne pepper (or more to taste)
Peel and cut plantains into chunks. Place into the slow cooker.
If not diced already, chop stew meat into 1 inch chunks and add to the slow cooker.
Add seasonings to slow cooker and stir well so that both plantains and beef are evenly coated.
Toss in collard greens and water. Mix well.
Turn slow cooker on low and cook for eight hours.
Once the cooking is complete, you can shred the beef or keep in chunks as is.
Download Your FREE Paleo Starter Kit Today!
- 3-Day Paleo Diet Meal Plan
- Comprehensive Paleo Diet Shopping List
- 5 of Our Favorite Paleo Diet Recipes