This easy raw broccoli salad is the perfect side dish for summer picnics and barbecues. Broccoli, almonds, apples, and bacon bring a medley of flavors to the dish. The broccoli also soaks up the zesty vinaigrette. The dish should be chilled for one hour before serving to allow the flavors to fully combine.
Brilliant Broccoli Salad
- 2 Heads of broccoli (cut into florets)
- 1 Red apple (large, diced)
- 3/4 cup Slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup Raisins
- 3 slices bacon
For the dressing
- 1/4 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp White wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and freshly ground pepper (to taste)
Cook the bacon in a skillet until crisp.
Remove from the pan to a paper towel-lined plate.
Crumble and set aside.
Lightly toast the almonds in a separate skillet over medium heat until golden. Set aside to cool.
Place all the ingredients for the dressing into a blender or food processor and purée until smooth. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
Add the broccoli, apple, and raisins into a large bowl and stir to combine.
Add the bacon and almonds.
Drizzle in the dressing and stir well to coat.
Refrigerate for one hour before serving.
Download Your FREE Paleo Starter Kit Today!
- 3-Day Paleo Diet Meal Plan
- Comprehensive Paleo Diet Shopping List
- 5 of Our Favorite Paleo Diet Recipes