This crunchy, light salad is tossed with a simple dill dressing, which adds a delicious and tangy flavor. This can be served as a side salad or made into a main entrée with the addition of protein such as salmon or chicken.
Asparagus Spring Salad With Dill
- 1 lb Asparagus (trimmed and chopped)
- 4 Radishes (thinly sliced)
- 2 Stalks celery (finely diced)
- 1 Head romaine lettuce (chopped)
For the dressing
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 Shallot (minced)
- 1 tbsp Fresh dill (chopped)
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Extra virgin olive oil
Bring a pot of salted water to a boil.
Add the asparagus and blanch for 2-3 minutes. It should be just barely cooked through and still crisp.
Prepare a large bowl of ice water while the asparagus is cooking.
Remove the asparagus from the hot water and place into the ice bath. Drain and pat dry with a paper towel.
To make the dressing, whisk together the lemon juice, shallot, dill, mustard, and salt. Drizzle in the olive oil, whisking continuously until smooth.
Combine the asparagus, radishes, celery, and lettuce in a large bowl. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to evenly coat.
Download Your FREE Paleo Starter Kit Today!
- 3-Day Paleo Diet Meal Plan
- Comprehensive Paleo Diet Shopping List
- 5 of Our Favorite Paleo Diet Recipes