How To Make Paleo Pancakes
So you want to go beyond a great paleo breakfast and make some paleo pancakes of your own, huh?
Well, you’re in luck, we have a great. We have a great recipe we found over at Mark’s Daily Apple and tweaked it a bit for our own tastes. What we ended up with is absolute perfection. Enjoy!
Paleo Pancakes Recipe
The great thing about paleo pancakes is they are super simple to make. Case in point: this only takes 3 ingredients.
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 egg
- 1 heaping tablespoon of almond butter
- Mash up the bananas
- Add in the egg and mix into the batter
- Stir in the almond butter to the mix (more almond butter = more pancake-y type texture)
- Cover pan with butter or coconut oil
- Cook the pancakes until brown on each side
- Top with fruit as needed
How To Make Paleo Pancakes Recipe – Infographic
Paleo Pancake Resources & Tips
If you want to customize or tweak your paleo pancake recipe to your own liking, here are a few more tips.
- Add more almond butter for more pancake-y type texturing (the more almond butter added, the more solid the pancake).
- Top with warm grass-fed butter to really bring out the flavor.
- Top with fruit (personally, we recommend some of the fruits on our paleo diet food list – our favorites include blueberries, blackberries and strawberries).
- Depending on where you fall on the sugar spectrum, you may want to add some all-natural maple syrup for a slight sweetened flavor.
- If you want to stay away from syrup, you can go with a lighter sweetener and use some natural honey. It’s absolutely delicious – you’ll thank us later
That’s all there is to it! That’s how you make paleo pancakes.
How To Make Paleo Pancakes,