If you’re looking to bring a little sunshine in your life, this salad just might do it. And, if you happen to be a citrus salad newbie (or skeptic), prepare to be pleasantly surprised.
The combination of the cool cucumber, spicy red onion, and sweet mandarin orange is basically like a flavor explosion in your mouth. And it couldn’t come together any easier. Just slice it up, throw it in a bowl, toss with heart-healthy olive oil and orange juice and voila!
For a perfectly balanced Paleo meal, pair this salad with grilled chicken or fish. You’ll want to be sure to get some protein to keep you feeling full and satiated.
Crunchy, refreshing, sweet, and tart — there are dozens of ways to describe this salad. No matter what words you use, it’s guaranteed to be mouthwatering!
Sunny Cucumber Salad
- 2 Cucumbers seeded and sliced
- 1 Red onion sliced
- 3 mandarin oranges segmented
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup Chopped fresh parsley
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
Put all of the ingredients in a large bowl and toss well. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
Download Your FREE Paleo Starter Kit Today!
- 3-Day Paleo Diet Meal Plan
- Comprehensive Paleo Diet Shopping List
- 5 of Our Favorite Paleo Diet Recipes