This Salsa Verde soup is spicy, tangy, and rich, and is the perfect appetizer to a Paleo taco night. It’s also great served with a taco or fajita salad as a light meal.
There is no lacking of flavor with this robust soup. With garlic, jalapeños, cumin, chilies, and a lime, this soup will warm you right up.
Salsa Verde Soup
Prep Time 30 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Onion diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 Jalapeños seeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon Ground cumin
- 1 can diced green chilies
- 1 pound tomatillos paper removed, chopped
- 6 cups Chicken broth
- Juice of 1 lime
- Garnishes of your choice: diced peppers or onions sour cream, fresh chopped cilantro
Heat the oil in a large pot. Add the onions, garlic, and peppers and cook until soft. Add the cumin and cook for 1 minute.
Stir in the chilies, tomatillos, and broth and bring to a boil. Simmer for 10 minutes, and transfer to a blender to puree.
Stir in the lime juice, and serve with your desired toppings.
Download Your FREE Paleo Starter Kit Today!
- 3-Day Paleo Diet Meal Plan
- Comprehensive Paleo Diet Shopping List
- 5 of Our Favorite Paleo Diet Recipes