There are few things on earth as delicious as roasted beets. They take on a wonderful rich flavor and the roasting process helps to bring out their natural sweetness. Combine that with a little tahini, lemon juice, and some zucchini for texture and you have a true Paleo treat. Who says you need beans to make hummus! Serve this beautiful dip with some carrot sticks and your guests will be amazed.
Roasted Beetroot Hummus
- 2 Beets (peeled and cut into quarters)
- 1/4 cup olive oil (plus more for drizzling)
- 1 Zucchini (peeled and cut into chunks)
- 1/4 cup Tahini
- 1/2 Lemon (juiced)
- Salt (to taste)
- 5-6 Carrots (peeled and cut into sticks)
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Place the beet quarters on a baking sheet. Drizzle with a little olive oil and season with salt. Place in the oven and bake for 20-30 minutes, until the beets are fork tender. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool for about 10 minutes.
In a food processor combine the roasted beets, chopped zucchini, tahini, lemon juice, and olive oil. Blend until smooth. Season with salt to taste.
Serve with carrot sticks and enjoy!
Download Your FREE Paleo Starter Kit Today!
- 3-Day Paleo Diet Meal Plan
- Comprehensive Paleo Diet Shopping List
- 5 of Our Favorite Paleo Diet Recipes