Peri peri is an African spice that is popularly used for seasoning meat – in this case chicken. It is hot but not overpowering. It brings a lot of delicious seasoning to an otherwise simple meal. Serve the chicken alongside grilled vegetable kabobs for a well-rounded dinner that’s bursting with flavor.
Peri Peri Chicken Kabobs
- 1.5 lbs Boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1/4 cup Apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne
- 1 tsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Ground cardamom
- Pinch of ginger
- Freshly ground pepper (to taste)
- Lime wedges (for serving)
In a small bowl, stir together all of the ingredients except for the chicken.
Place the pieces of chicken in a resealable bag or shallow dish and pour the marinade over them.
Place in the refrigerator for at least two hours or overnight to marinate.
If using wooden skewers, soak in water for 30 minutes.
Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
Remove the chicken from the marinade and place onto the skewers.
Grill the kebabs for 8-10 minutes or until cooked through.
Serve warm with lime wedges on the side.
Download Your FREE Paleo Starter Kit Today!
- 3-Day Paleo Diet Meal Plan
- Comprehensive Paleo Diet Shopping List
- 5 of Our Favorite Paleo Diet Recipes