This recipe makes me think of summer. The sweet and tangy chicken tastes great both right off of the grill and eaten cold as leftovers with your lunchtime salad. Enjoy!
Outrageous Orange Chicken
- 4 Boneless skinless chicken breast halves large)
- 1/2 Orange (peeled and chopped)
- 1/3 cup Orange juice (fresh squeezed)
- 1/3 cup Apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp Tabasco sauce
- 1 tsp Oregano (dried)
- 1 tsp Basil (dried)
- 1 tsp Ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- Cilantro (freshly chopped, to taste)
In a re-sealable freezer bag or glass dish with a lid, combine all ingredients except for the chicken and cilantro. Mix well.
Add chicken to the mix and coat well. Place in the refrigerator for at least an hour and up to eight hours, turning the chicken occasionally to ensure the marinade coats it.
Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade and allow it to come to room temperature before cooking. Discard marinade.
Cook on grill for ten to fifteen minutes or until done, turning often.
Serve with fresh chopped mango-pineapple salsa and a crisp green salad.
Photo credit: Scott Feldstein
Download Your FREE Paleo Starter Kit Today!
- 3-Day Paleo Diet Meal Plan
- Comprehensive Paleo Diet Shopping List
- 5 of Our Favorite Paleo Diet Recipes