These sautéed and braised sprouts are the perfect cold weather side dish for your favorite roasts, but also go nicely with grilled chicken or steak.
Garlic and Bacon Brussels Sprouts
- 4 slices bacon diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts halved
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
Cook the bacon in a heavy skillet until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
Add the garlic to the skillet, cook for a minute, and then add the sprouts. Cook until browned and add the broth.
Bring to a simmer, and braise for 15 minutes, until tender.
Serve topped with the reserved bacon.
Download Your FREE Paleo Starter Kit Today!
- 3-Day Paleo Diet Meal Plan
- Comprehensive Paleo Diet Shopping List
- 5 of Our Favorite Paleo Diet Recipes