Who Is Diane Sanfilippo?
Diane Sanfilippo is the founder and owner of Balanced Bites, a certified nutrition consultant, and the New York Times best-selling author of Practical Paleo. She is a holistic nutritionist who specializes in paleo, blood sugar regulation, food allergies and intolerances, and digestive health.
After eating whatever she wanted for most of her life, Diane transitioned to the paleo diet at the start of 2010. She eats organic whenever she can and bases her diet on vegetables, grass-fed meats, and some fruits and nuts. She focuses on what feels best for her body and lifestyle, and now feels amazing.
Table of Contents
What Does Diane Sanfilippo Do?
- Transitioning to a paleo, primal, or ancestral diet
- Blood sugar level regulation
- Digestive distress, IBS, constipation, diarrhea, bloating, and gas
- High and low cholesterol
- High triglycerides
- Increasing and stabilizing energy levels
- Food allergies, sensitivities, and intolerances (including those related to gluten, dairy, soy, and nuts)
- Autoimmune conditions (including Celiac Disease, thyroid conditions, arthritis, eczema, psoriasis, fibromyalgia, and Parkinson’s)
- The hormonal regulation of body fat
Books And Courses By Diane Sanfilippo
Diane Sanfilippo is the author of Practical Paleo: a customized approach to health and a whole-foods lifestyle. Practical Paleo is a New York Times best-seller based on the concept of “real food”.
It explains how to achieve optimal health without counting calories, dieting, or going hungry and contains over one hundred simple recipes to help you do just that. The book also includes meal plans designed to help those with autoimmune conditions, blood sugar regulation difficulties, leaky gut and digestion issues, chronic illnesses, poor heart health, neurological issues, cancer recovery, fat loss, and athletic performance. This book is a must-read for anyone looking to transition to a healthy and practical paleo lifestyle.
The 21-Day Sugar Detox
The 21-Day Sugar Detox is a practical nutrition action plan designed to help you reset your body and eating habits. Tens of thousands of people have used the program to end their sugar addictions and transform their health.
The course comes with straightforward meal plans, over ninety recipes, and three different levels, making it suitable for anyone. This course also comes with modifications for athletes, pregnant and nursing moms, pescetarians, and people with autoimmune conditions.
Mediterranean Paleo Cooking
With this book, professional chef Nabil Boumrar, certified nutrition consultant Caitlin Weeks, and Diane Sanfilippo set out to prove that healthy eating does not have to mean boring and tasteless food. The recipes contained in this book are all paleo, gluten-free, and dairy-free and they combine traditional foods from Europe, Africa, and the Middle East with the principles of the paleo diet.
Recommended Articles And Podcasts By Diane Sanfilippo
Below are some of our favorite articles and podcast episodes by Diane.
- The Dish on Sugar & Sweeteners
- Fats: Which to Eat & Which to Ditch
- FAQs: How can I eat Paleo on a budget?
- Chris Kresser on The Balanced Bites Podcast talking about all things digestion
- Podcast Episode #153: Eating Paleo While Traveling: Diane’s Greece Recap
- Podcast Episode #154: Special guest Mark Sisson of The Primal Blueprint
Where To Find Diane Sanfilippo Online
Diane is active on most of the big social media platforms. You can follow her using the links below.
Recommended Resources And Related Links
- The 21-Day Sugar Detox
- Behind The Scenes – The 21-Day Sugar Detox Review
- Is Sugar Paleo?
- Become A Health Coach
- Paleo Diet Cookbooks
Photo credit: cheeseslave
Download Your FREE Paleo Starter Kit Today!
- 3-Day Paleo Diet Meal Plan
- Comprehensive Paleo Diet Shopping List
- 5 of Our Favorite Paleo Diet Recipes