If you have holiday leftovers, use them in this turkey bowl; you be sorry when they are all gone! Don’t skip massaging the kale; it turns the leaves into tender, sweet morsels that are perfect in this dish.
Thanksgiving Leftover Dish: Turkey Bowl with Kale and Sweet Potatoes
- 3 cups Dinosaur kale (cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 2 cups Turkey breast (cooked and chopped)
- 1/4 cup Dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup Toasted sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp Cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp Real maple syrup
- 3 strips Cooked bacon (crumbled)
- 2 Sweet potatoes (peeled and cubed)
Put the sweet potatoes in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, until tender. Drain.
Massage the kale in a large bowl for several minutes, until leaves are soft and broken down.
Add the potatoes, cranberries, and sunflower seeds to the bowl.
In a separate bowl whisk the olive oil, cider vinegar, mustard, maple syrup, and salt and pepper until well combined. Toss it with the salad. Add the turkey and bacon before serving.
Download Your FREE Paleo Starter Kit Today!
- 3-Day Paleo Diet Meal Plan
- Comprehensive Paleo Diet Shopping List
- 5 of Our Favorite Paleo Diet Recipes