This spicy and flavorful soup is an easy way to use up leftover chicken, and makes a hearty meal. You can easily substitute shrimp for a change of pace.
Curried Coconut Chicken Soup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 carrot peeled and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (14 oz) diced tomatoes
- 2 cups cooked and chopped (or shredded) chicken breast
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro chopped
- Coconut flakes for garnish
- sea salt to taste
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium high heat. Add the onion, carrot, and garlic and cook until softened.
Add the curry powder and cook for a minute. Add the broth and the tomatoes, and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and add the chicken, coconut milk, lime juice, and cilantro. Simmer on low for 5 minutes.
Serve the soup hot, sprinkled with coconut flakes if desired.
Download Your FREE Paleo Starter Kit Today!
- 3-Day Paleo Diet Meal Plan
- Comprehensive Paleo Diet Shopping List
- 5 of Our Favorite Paleo Diet Recipes