If you’re missing out on your favorite potato soup, put this recipe on your must try list. It’s creamy, flavorful, and delicious, and much better for you than the carb filled alternative. Top it with bacon for a savory salty crunch.
Creamy Cauliflower and Root Vegetable Soup
- 4 slices bacon chopped
- 1 Onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups Cauliflower florets
- 2 parsnips peeled and diced
- 2 turnips peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon Dried thyme
- 6 cups Chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
Cook the bacon in a large soup pot until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon. Add the onions, and garlic, and cook until soft.
Stir in the vegetables, add the thyme, and broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat.
Simmer for 30 minutes until veggies are tender. Puree using a blender or immersion blender and add the lemon juice. Transfer back to pot, heat through and serve topped with reserved bacon.
Download Your FREE Paleo Starter Kit Today!
- 3-Day Paleo Diet Meal Plan
- Comprehensive Paleo Diet Shopping List
- 5 of Our Favorite Paleo Diet Recipes