Tuna salad is a classic lunch option. But the traditional recipe calls for mayonnaise – which isn’t always Paleo-friendly. (Looking for a Paleo mayo recipe – check out this recipe.)
You can forget the mayo and still have an awesome tuna salad option.
This alternative to traditional mayo based tuna salad will have you questioning all your previous choices when it comes to tuna. Eat this on celery or cucumber slices for the perfect high protein snack.
The spices, lime juice, and cilantro make this tuna salad stand above all the others. Mix up this easy recipe for your next lunch break.
Cilantro Tuna Salad
- 1 can good quality tuna drained
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon Ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Zest and juice from 1 lime
- 1 clove garlic grated
- 1 teaspoon Grated ginger
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Chill until ready to serve.
Download Your FREE Paleo Starter Kit Today!
- 3-Day Paleo Diet Meal Plan
- Comprehensive Paleo Diet Shopping List
- 5 of Our Favorite Paleo Diet Recipes