Vegetables get a makeover by getting charred and caramelized in a skillet. Cook them in bacon fat and they become extra delicious. Veggies will become your new favorite dish after you try this.
Charred Vegetables with Bacon
- 4 slices bacon chopped
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 pound Brussel sprouts halved
- 1/2 pound small radishes halved
- 1/2 head broccoli cut into florets
- sea salt to taste
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the bacon and cook until crisp. Remove the bacon from the pan, leaving the fat behind.
Add the onion and cook until softened. Add the Brussel sprouts and cook until they begin to brown and add the radishes and broccoli. Continue cooking until vegetables are well charred and caramelized. Add the bacon pieces back to the pan before serving.
Download Your FREE Paleo Starter Kit Today!
- 3-Day Paleo Diet Meal Plan
- Comprehensive Paleo Diet Shopping List
- 5 of Our Favorite Paleo Diet Recipes