Broccoli salad like this one always reminds me of potlucks or picnics as a kid. I’ll be honest – I loved it back then.
Broccoli salad can be good for you, or it can use some pretty scary ingredients (health-wise, at least). This one is delicious and nutritious, and will keep you full all day. It’s got chopped chicken for protein, pistachios for crunch, and a creamy lemon dressing that you will love.
This recipe isn’t one that is a good option for our paleo readers, but if you’re keto and can tolerate dairy, give this one a shot!
Better Broccoli Salad
- 1 head broccoli cut into small florets
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- 1 shallot minced
- 3 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup cooked and cubed chicken breast
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
Combine the broccoli, cheese, pistachios, shallots, bacon, and chicken in a large bowl. Whisk the remaining ingredients in a separate bowl until creamy and smooth. Toss with the salad and serve immediately.
Download Your FREE Paleo Starter Kit Today!
- 3-Day Paleo Diet Meal Plan
- Comprehensive Paleo Diet Shopping List
- 5 of Our Favorite Paleo Diet Recipes