Bring the heat with these Spicy Stuffed Baked Peppers! If you are not so inclined with the spicy, then reduce the jalapeño, chili powder, paprika, and cayenne pepper to your likeing and enjoy.
Spicy Stuffed Baked Peppers
- 1/2 lb Ground turkey
- 2 Bell peppers (large, any color that you like is fine)
- 1/2 yellow onion (chopped)
- 2 Celery sticks (large, chopped)
- 1 Jalapeño pepper (chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 16 oz can Tomatoes (diced)
- 1 tbs Balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tbs Italian seasoning
- 1 tbs Chili powder
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Cayenne pepper
Preheat an oven to 350 degrees. Cut the tops off of the peppers, and remove the core, seeds, and membrane.
Brown the ground turkey with the onion, garlic, celery, and jalapeño.
Once the ground turkey is browned, add the balsamic vinegar, diced tomatoes, and all other seasonings.
Cook for a few more minutes, draining off any excess liquid and ensuring a thick consistency.
Spoon turkey mixture into the peppers and place the peppers in a baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to an hour.
Download Your FREE Paleo Starter Kit Today!
- 3-Day Paleo Diet Meal Plan
- Comprehensive Paleo Diet Shopping List
- 5 of Our Favorite Paleo Diet Recipes