Jumping back into the school year may be stressful, but making fresh, healthy paleo lunches does not have to be. With the right tools and a few go-to ideas, packing lunch can be a breeze.
Having a thermos or well-insulated container for warm lunches or a great lunch box like an aluminum bento box will set you up for success. This keeps storage simple and organized. Also having a stainless steel water bottle is a must. I like to think of lunch as having two parts: Mains and Sides. All you need is one main with one or two sides and you are done.
Having a ‘main dish’ does not have to be hard. Here are a few simple ideas that include a protein to keep you full all afternoon.
- Turkey Rolls-Ups
- Use a slice of deli turkey, add in a thin slice of red bell pepper, a drizzle of deli mustard, shredded lettuceand roll
- Lettuce Wraps (The reverse turkey roll up!)
- Grab a large leave of romaine or sale, add any sandwich filings you enjoy and roll into a wrap
- Easy Chicken Salad
- Sliced hot dogs
- Sliced into pieces or cut lengthwise and treat the dog like the ‘bun’ placing filings inside the dog like peppers, pickles, mustard and ketchup.
- Sausage patties
- Egg Muffins or Hard Boiled Eggs
- Sliced ‘apple chips’. Take a crisp apple, and slice an apple VERY thin, and drizzle with honey and cinnamon
- Carrot and pepper sticks with dressing
- Celery sticks with almond butter and raisins…classic Ants On A Log!
- Trail mix. Try raw almonds, raisins, dried cranberries or sunflower seeds
- Chopped fruit. Try easy to grab pieces like melon, peaches or grapes
- A side salad with greens, carrot, tomato, cucumber
Don’t forget to add in a few paleo treats now and then. Try a few of the UPG favorites!
Sign up for our meal plan so you’ll never have to ask “what’s for dinner?”
Download Your FREE Paleo Starter Kit Today!
- 3-Day Paleo Diet Meal Plan
- Comprehensive Paleo Diet Shopping List
- 5 of Our Favorite Paleo Diet Recipes