Whether you love it crispy, tender, on top of a burger, or as a side to your eggs, some may argue that bacon is the ultimate Paleo staple. As delicious as it is to eat, making it isn’t always a joyful experience. I know I can’t be the only one who has suffered a few splatter burns on the arms while cooking it on the stovetop.
Don’t get me wrong – I love cooking my bacon in my cast-iron pan when I need a few quick slices. But, for someone who loves to host brunch like myself, cooking a big batch of bacon this way is a time-consuming project (ensuring that each slice gets cooked just right) and leaves me dodging grease-splatters left and right.
Next time you have a batch to cook, change up your bacon game and try it in the oven! Cooking it in the oven is an easy, mess-free way to get perfect bacon. Just pop it in and have more time to whip up your other favorite Paleo brunch recipes like pancakes, spiced sweet potatoes, and chai. No flipping or constant monitoring required!
Steps for perfect oven bacon:
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Make sure your oven rack is in the bottom third of your oven.
- Place your bacon in an oven-safe glass dish. The slices should be in a single-layer – no overlapping! If you have a lot of bacon, you may need to use a second dish. Alternately, you can also use a baking sheet (line with parchment paper for easy clean up.)
- Bake 15-20 minutes. Depending on your oven and the thickness of your bacon slices, this time will vary. When doing this for the first time, be sure to start watching it around 10 minutes to see how quickly it is baking.
- Once the bacon becomes golden and crispy (and your mouth starts to water), pull it out of the oven.
- Transfer the bacon to a plate lined with paper towels and allow the slices to rest for a couple of minutes. The paper towels will soak up the extra grease and the bacon will finish crisping up.
- If you’d like, you can drain the extra grease into a container to use for cooking at a later date.
- Enjoy your perfectly-cooked bacon and try not to eat it all in one sitting.
No flipping required and no grease-splattered arms! It doesn’t get better than that.
Download Your FREE Paleo Starter Kit Today!
- 3-Day Paleo Diet Meal Plan
- Comprehensive Paleo Diet Shopping List
- 5 of Our Favorite Paleo Diet Recipes