It’s no secret that we’re not big fans of sugar consumption on the paleo diet. Heck, we just ran a piece on sugar lies. That said, sugar is undeniably a part of the average American diet, but did you know these crazy sugar facts?
- The average american child consumes 32 teaspoons of sugar a day!
- Sugar suppresses the immune system, inhibits blood flow and affects aging.
- Refined sugar can be linked to manic depression.
That’s not all. Find out these facts and more in the infographic below: 14 sweet sugar facts
Check out these 14 shocking facts about sugar, then check out The 21-Day Sugar Detox if you’re ready to change your sugar habits.
Download Your FREE Paleo Starter Kit Today!
- 3-Day Paleo Diet Meal Plan
- Comprehensive Paleo Diet Shopping List
- 5 of Our Favorite Paleo Diet Recipes