Even when you follow a balanced Paleo diet, a hard workout or a long day can come with the need for a little snack to tide you over before your next meal.
It’s a great idea to pack a few Paleo-friendly snacks when you know you’re going to have a long day or if when traveling. If you are trying to lose or maintain your weight, a snack around 200 calories is usually enough to satisfy your hunger and keep your energy up until mealtime.
Need a few new ideas for Paleo-snack recipes?
- A sliced apple with three slices of deli turkey
- 15 baby carrots and 15 celery sticks with two tablespoons of avocado mashed with 2 tablespoons of salsa
- 10 to 14 raw almonds
- Half of a grilled chicken breast with 5 to 7 olives
- One sliced cucumber with 4 to 5 slices of salami
- Three Dill Pickle Spears wrapped with four slices of deli roast beef
- One cup of berries: blueberries, strawberries, raspberries
- One cup of broth based chicken and vegetable soup
- Two hard boiled eggs seasoned with salt, pepper and a tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- Two or three egg muffins (Try this one)
- One cup of cooked sweet potato topped with 1 tablespoon of almond butter
- Half of a grapefruit with 1 tablespoon coconut butter
Sign up for our meal plan so you’ll never have to ask “what’s for dinner?”
Download Your FREE Paleo Starter Kit Today!
- 3-Day Paleo Diet Meal Plan
- Comprehensive Paleo Diet Shopping List
- 5 of Our Favorite Paleo Diet Recipes