Welcome To The Ultimate Paleo Guide
Updated: September 5, 2015
Welcome to the Ultimate Paleo Guide. We are the #1 resource on the paleo diet on the internet.
If you’re here, you might want to get started with some our reader’s favorite content:
1) The only paleo food list you’ll ever need (and the most comprehensive one anywhere)
2) 330+ awesome paleo recipes (so you never run out of ideas)
3) Our Paleo 101 Guide (so you can get a comprehensive understanding of this whole thing called “paleo)
Now, getting started, the paleo diet is known by a few names including the primal diet, the caveman diet, and the wild diet. But before we get into the deep parts of the diet, I want to explain very simply. In fact, I can do it in 140 characters.
The Paleo Diet In 140 Characters
Here’s the paleo diet summed up in 140 characters or less.
Paleo improves your health by eating real foods including veggies, meats, fruits, nuts, and seeds – @thepaleoguide
Feel free to use this definition when you explain paleo to your friends and family (or just click the button below to tweet).
If you want to jump into the details, the best place to get all the information you need about the paleo diet in in our Complete Guide To The Paleo Diet. But you can stick through the rest of the article as I take you step by step on what to do next.
Why The Paleo Diet?
Well, first of all, we’re not a fan of “diets” around here. Paleo isn’t really a diet so much as it’s a completely different way of looking at food.
Most of the processed food that we consume nowadays has only been around for the last one hundred years or so. Agriculture has only been around for 10,000 years or so. We’d rather not get into the specifics of what exactly cavemen actually ate, but suffice it to say that it was a lot more natural than what most people eat on the Standard American Diet (SAD).
With that in mind, paleo focuses on eating whole, nutrient-dense, unprocessed foods that your body can digest easily and use to perform optimally.
Just Tell Me What To Eat On Paleo
OK, you’re tired of guessing and just want someone to tell you exactly what to eat. That’s easy.
Paleo Foods To Eat
You can also download our app – the #1 paleo food reference app in the iTunes store. Available both on iTunes & Android.
It’s easy to get tripped up by the details when you start eating paleo. While most of paleo is simple (see our paleo in 140 characters piece above), some parts of paleo can seem tricky. To better understand these trickier areas, check out the articles below.
- What The Hell Is A Legume?
- Is Dairy Paleo? The Bad, The Better & The Best Options
- Why Aren’t Grains Paleo?
Helpful Paleo Guides
- How To Eat Paleo On The Road
- How To Eat Paleo On A Budget
- How To Eat Out While Eating Paleo
- How To Eat Paleo With Kids
- Assess, Don’t Guess: Serving Sizes, Fat loss, And Performance
No matter where you are in your paleo journey, we’ve got something for you. Here are the next steps you should take to take control of your diet.
If you want:
- More paleo recipe ideas – Check out our paleo recipes
- A thirty-day introduction to paleo, delivered by email – Check out our 30 Day Challenge
- Help planning out your weekly meals – Check out our monthly meal planning service
- Personalized one-on-one coaching – Check out our coaching service with our in-house nutritionist
Find Us On Social Media, We’re Friendly!
If you have any questions about paleo, our articles, recipes or just want to say hi, feel free to reach out to us on social media. You can find us at the links below
More Great Paleo Guide Resources
If you want to dive deeper into paleo, here are some of our favorite paleo resources around the web:
Download Your FREE Paleo Starter Kit Today!
- 3-Day Paleo Diet Meal Plan
- Comprehensive Paleo Diet Shopping List
- 5 of Our Favorite Paleo Diet Recipes