These egg rolls make great starters, sides, and snacks. Why not make some to impress your guests at your next dinner party?
Literal Egg Roll
Calories 140 kcal
- 3 Eggs (whisked)
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil (for frying eggs)
- 4 sheets Sushi nori/seaweed*
- 4 tbsp Canned sauerkraut
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Drizzle of sesame oil
Melt coconut oil in egg pan.
Pour whisked eggs into frying pan, and add salt, pepper, and seasonings to taste. Cover and cook until eggs reach your desired “done-ness” (about five minutes).
While eggs are cooking, lay out four sheets of nori, and prepare sauerkraut.
Once eggs are finished, gently and carefully cut them into 2-3 inch strips while they're still in the frying pan.
Gently remove a strip of egg using a spatula, and lay it flat about one inch from the top end of the nori sheet. Repeat until all four sheets have a strip of egg.
Use a spoon or fork to evenly place about one tbsp of sauerkraut next to the egg (not on top of the egg).
Lightly drizzle a couple of drops of sesame oil at the top end of the nori sheet nearest the egg. This will make the sheet of nori slightly sticky, so that the roll won't fall apart once you roll it up.
Once rolled, lightly drizzle more sesame oil on the bottom of the nori sheet (imagine you're sealing an envelope), and roll everything as tight as the sheet allows. Sesame oil has a strong flavor, so try to use it sparingly. If the sheets don’t want to stick together properly, try wetting your fingers with some water from the tap instead of drenching the roll with sesame oil.
Cut into two inch rolls, and enjoy!
* Get sushi nori/seaweed sheets here: http://www.amazon.com/Sushi-Nori-Seaweed-Sheets-Roasted/dp/B007U29UYS/ref=sr_1_1?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1387549207&sr=1-1&keywords=sushi+nori
Literal Egg Roll
Amount Per Serving
Calories 140 Calories from Fat 135
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 14g88%
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.04g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Vitamin A 20IU0%
Vitamin C 12.4mg15%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Download Your FREE Paleo Starter Kit Today!
- 3-Day Paleo Diet Meal Plan
- Comprehensive Paleo Diet Shopping List
- 5 of Our Favorite Paleo Diet Recipes