This colorful dish incorporates lots of veggies to make sure that your body stays nourished with plenty of vitamins and minerals. The creamy coconut milk adds a bit of comfort that is great on a fall afternoon for a rich indulgence. What a great way to make chicken and vegetables interesting again!
Creamy One-Pot Chicken & Vegetables
- 2-3 Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 c Bacon bits (chopped, about 4 strips of bacon)
- 1 Red pepper (diced)
- 1 Yellow pepper (diced)
- 2 c Fresh kale (washed and torn, stems removed)
- 2 c Fresh mushrooms (sliced)
- 1/2 c Onions (diced)
- 3 tbsp garlic (minced)
- 1 can Coconut milk (about 2 c)
- 1/2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp Arrowroot powder
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Chopped fresh parsley (for garnish)
- Crushed red peppers (for garnish)
Cook bacon in pan and set aside. Chop when cool.
Using bacon fat, sauté onions and garlic for about 3 minutes.
Add in chicken, peppers, and mushrooms. Cook on medium until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are steamed.
Add vinegar and all but 1/4 cup of the coconut milk.
Put remaining coconut milk in mason jar with arrowroot powder and shake well with lid on to combine. Pour into chicken skillet.
Add in fresh kale and bring entire pot to light boil for about 5 minutes more.
Serve hot and garnish with parsley and crushed red pepper.
Download Your FREE Paleo Starter Kit Today!
- 3-Day Paleo Diet Meal Plan
- Comprehensive Paleo Diet Shopping List
- 5 of Our Favorite Paleo Diet Recipes